December 22, 2009



I'm spending my holidays back in England's Lake District, where snow is falling, snow on snow, and my days are spent walking in the hills or reading by the fire. I'm a pampered guest, so I'm not really cooking, but I'm feasting on things like Grasmere gingerbread and Cartmel sticky toffee pudding.

Thank you so much for reading O Pistachio this year (I can't believe it's nearly time for the one year anniversary!). And while I think of it, my very first post, early in 2009, was these lovely bread wreaths: they were perfect on our Christmas table.

I hope your holidays are full of peace, joy, and delicious baked goods.

Here are some photos of all the loveliness I'm enjoying.














5 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Those shots are stunning!

Cheers,

Rosa

Caroline said...

Oh my... toffee pudding!!!! WOW!!! These photos are LOVELY.. Happy New Year!!! xo

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Such amazing pictures!!! You sure had a great holiday. Which camera are you using anyway?

Philomena said...

Thanks! I use a Canon Digital XSi with a Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens.

veronica said...

I love the photo of the tree, its hipnotic.
Greetings Veronica.

Post a Comment